5.25.2007

week.three - hit by a car

So I got hit by a car this week, YEAHHH!! To be honest I didn't get exactly hit. I would have if I didn't do a Dukes of Hazard slide across the top of the hood. The funny thing was that I kept running...yeah that's me...pretty hard core. I should be hitting beef like Rocky Balboa in no time!

Later on in the week I ran with my friend who is also running his first marathon, I am learning that not everybody likes to talk when they run. As we were running I asked him what he was doing for the weekend and he immediately told me he "didn't like talking when he was training" so there I was. Running in silence for the next 2 miles. Greaaat. That was fun.

The day of my long run I was blessed again that my friend Georgi came through in the clutch, I made her ass get up nice and early (Thanks G!) It was a great day to run. 70 degree weather, nice outside but at the same time I couldn't help that I had to run 4 frigin miles.....it seems like forever! It took me a while to get into the groove but once I did it was good! For some reason I always think one day when I go out to run I will look like all the "real runners" that make the shit look so easy. They look as though they are running on clouds...gliding through the air like elk prancing along the concrete as if they stayed in one spot long enough they would sink, ME ON the other hand look as though I have a ball and chain wrapped around each ankle, just escaped from a prison and have been running from the damn Police....Can you picture that?! Yeahhhh, that's me...

"Tough times don't last but tough people do." --A.C. Green

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud at all of these....you are too funny. Love the ball and chain reference. L-Jill