5.07.2007

week.two - chub rub

otal: 10.5 . Tuesday 2 miles . Wednesday: 3 miles . Thursday: 2 . Saturday: 3

So I got through my first and second week without too many problems. I ran with my friend Georgi a couple of times and my friend Randy (also running the same race with me) Overall it's no that bad. As some of you may know, I have never ran outside in my life. I have come to find out the shit is pretty hard! When you got the sun, rain, sweat, pot holes, chasing dogs and lets not forget the lovely chub rub (happens when your thighs rub together), it makes it a lot harder. Does this mean I have to buy a pair of spandex?! I NEVER thought I would see that day, believe me. I guess I could wear shorts over it so I don't look like an Italian sausage running down the street looking like its about to burst! I have been running consistently and doing about 10 - 15 miles a week. If you want to check out my training schedule you can view it here: http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/novices.html

I am getting to like running but at the same time it takes a lot out of me! I am in bed by 9:30 most of the time so that I can get up @ 4:30am to run before work! I don't see my friends or my sister for that matter until the weekends. I am TRYING to keep my drinking to only one night a week but it sucks! I am having a hard time cutting that down and I need to commit to this marathon sometime soon. I mean I am making all of my runs but I guess I could be doing better. Most of the time I am excited for the marathon but I have to say...another part of me is like.."what the HELL are you doing to me"! All of the years of being unhealthy I guess it's good I am punishing myself and getting back in gear. I will keep you posted on how it goes.


"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." —William Shakespeare

No comments: