7.26.2007

week thirteen - still injured and feeling sad

Still injured and I guess I am finally coming to terms with the fact this must be part of the journey. At some moments I feel as though I might not be cut out for the 26.2 monster, maybe I was only suppose to run as far as 12? I mean I have gained so much this far like self confidence in my work, my relationships and most importantly myself so why don’t I just throw in the rag? Well I guess the other realization I am coming to terms with is that my heart is now completely in this even if I have to walk the whole thing, I have to do this.

The thing is that this shit is really hard, hard on a lot of levels but I get the hardest thing about it besides the 360 degree lifestyle change is the commitment this takes, it’s a stick in my side sometimes. I liked my old lifestyle. I liked hanging out with my friends after work, buggin out and everything. I know some of you might be saying “well you can still hang out and not drink” but when I do go out its hard for me to stay committed to training. I fall back into my old ways too easily. It’s not my friends…it’s me. :(

The other thing that is bothering me is that I feel like I am not working hard enough either being injured and everything. I feel more accomplished when I am outside running then in the gym doing the elliptical…I need to get better why the fuck isn’t it healing :( Anyways, sorry to be so negative right now but its just how I'm feeling.
____________
Achilles not healing
Doubts keep flooding
26.2 look’s bleak
sneakers worn
body tired
through the muscles
I feel strength
keep treading
keeping trying
keep going

Achilles
memories of my mom
ripped and ruptured
enclosed cast for over 6 months
chiseled off, leg now slightly thinner

please heal
give me the strength within
keep treading
keep trying
keep going
Achilles
____________

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going Melis!!!
You can do it! Because of your amazingness I just finished week 8!

Take it day by day. You are more than halfway there!!! I am so proud of you!!!

love, Emilee

The Lexicologist said...

Hey there, been following your blog through the Runners World forum. It sounds like you are doing great! I sympathize with you, sometimes it seems like the training takes up tons of time I could devote to something much more amusing, but you do it for you, you know? Good luck with the ankle, mine is needing a little TLC now, too.

Shilale said...

You Can Do It Buttons - As Emilee mentions One Day at a Time.....
I just got caught up as I haven't been on here for awhile. Wow you are absolutely amazing and I am so proud of you girl. I have tears in my eyes after reading all your blogs, comments and watching the video.

Miss You Love Shilale :)

Anonymous said...

hey dollface, i just caught up and i just wanted to pop in and say keep up the good work - you're really an inspiration in all this. i decided to train for a race too, but only a 5k because i'm a baby. you're doing so good and i'm so proud of you. love, jill

Please Support the Cause said...

you guys are the bomb, thank you soooo much for the inspirational words. It makes me keep going knowing that I inspire you as well. This weekend I am suppose to run 15 miles but since I haven't ran in a month I am shooting for 12. I will keep you posted on how it goes. XXOO