6.14.2007

week.nine - spandex debut!!!!

So......week nine and today I ran 5 miles but more importantly it was the debut of my neeeeeew spandex...yes...spandex, my arch enemy since I can remember. He was never my friend come to think of it. Well today as stepped outside looking like I just came off one of those rides at the water park where its a straight shoot going over like 100 miles per hour and when you get to the bottom you think your bathing suit is somewhere on its way down but really come to find out its just so far up your ass but you cover all your private parts anyways as a "just in case tactic"......that was me, coming out of my house! I felt completely naked anyways, let me continue. So I started to run.

That particular day I decided to run the "road less traveled", "across the tracks" as some would say not knowing what I was about to run into keep in mind and all was fine until a gentleman in his 70's put his hands up against his lips giving me the kissing motion saying "perfecto", mauh "Perfecto", well....thank you I guess? I ran a couple more blocks and a gentleman across the street, beer in his hand @ 9:00 AM who was 3 sheets to the wind celebrating the Puerto Rican day festival (which BTW didn't start until the NEXT DAY) Screamed "LOOKING HEALTHY GIIIIIRLL!"

Looking healthy!? I thought to myself? As in healthy like "skinny healthy", or healthy as in "ripe for the pickin" healthy or "Italian sausage" healthy...which is it....really!

Lastly, much to my dismay I happened to run by a group of guys that were in my way of running but kindly separated as if I was Moses parting the red sea. It seemed like I was running in slooooow motion at that point....In my head I just imagined everything that is a little loose on my body going up and then doooooowwwwwn. Elevator goooooo up! Elevator go doooooown. Elevator goooooo up! Elevator go doooooown. It was also at that moment I decided maybe I should wear shorts over my spandex. Pretty entertaining none the less.

Till next time, you can check out my past stories @ www.marathonmindflow.blogspot.com

2 comments:

steve said...

Love this story, I can't believe you didn't wear shorts over the spandex?? Did someone tell you not to?? Weren't you afraid of the dreaded camel toe??

Good job girl, we love you.

Midwest said...

Or, just keep wearing the spandex and run faster.