6.03.2007

week.eight - fell down stairs

So week eight, and today I ran 7 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not that great but not that bad. It was soooo much better then my last run which I am happy about. Overall feelings about the marathon are still good. I have my good days and my bad days. Last night I went for my best friends birthday and everyone was drinking. I really wasn't in the mood to drink for some odd reason. I don't know if its because I just wasn't in the mood or because I think this marathon training is starting to me me think differently. I am putting in all this hard work, running miles and frigin miles every week and to blow it all on a couple of drinks, all the calories just to let loose a little? Now I don't want to get ahead of myself because this is the FIRST time in my life I am questioning the alcohol intake I consume on the weekends, and right now I am thinking...its not worth it. The average 150lb person burns about 100 calories a mile (I think) so if an average drink has about 150 calories?! Yeahhhhh, I think I am good. Its not easy running in the first place and having to add another mile for the screwdriver I had last night.....no thanks.

But to tell you the real reason for this blog today as I was leaving my house last night and I fell down 6 of the 12 stairs that lead up to my apartment (and to answer your next question...no I wasn't drinking)!!! I have NEVER been the most graceful person on heels, I mean I wear them but I think I am one of those girls that "looks like" she never wears them. Anyways, so yeah...the stairs, WTF! The only thing I worried about was if I was in any serious pain, like a twisted ankle or something. My legs were throbbing and still are today. I could have easily fell down all 12 but by the grace I god I grabbed the side railing. Ugh, I look like I got clubbed. People were staring at my legs today when I was walking. I wasn't sure if they were looking at my thighs rub together and my shorts riding up on me (lol), OR the horizantal bruises I have from hitting the corner of the stairs! For the sake of myself, I am going to say they were looking at my bruises. :) Anyways, I will try to take some pictures for you but I am starting to think I should just wear sneakers all the time. God forbid something happens like that again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melis-

I have just caught up on your blog (thanks for sending me the link) and I am hooked!!!

You have such an honest and hilarious way of writing what you are going through- I am so proud of you!!! Any tips if I try out the Novice program???

love and MISS you, Emilee

Anonymous said...

Hey Liss! Thanks for sending me the link, wow, who would have thought it! Very impressed and proud of what your doing. I think it's something a lot of people think of doing but never go through with it, but you are. Damn, I dream of doing lots of stuff but have a can't-be-arsed attitute. Well done you! Hey, maybe you can do the London Marathon next. Ok, one step at a time. Love the blogs, keep it up xx

Anonymous said...

Okay seriously you are so funny, I love this thing. Sucks about the stairs, thank god you caught the railing!!!!!!!
Love - Jill

Debbie said...

You can do it! I just added your blog to my bloglines, so don't be suprised if random knitters start looking in on your progress :o) Deb